Donate and help us change the lives of children and create safer communities.
WA Child Safety Services is a service arm of the community-based charity, Caring Communities Inc and all donations $2 and over are tax deductible.
The WA Child Safety Services team is passionate about our work to reduce the impact of child abuse and we too donate to create safer communities.
We are committed to giving back to our community by offering several child safety workshops to community groups throughout the year AT NO CHARGE.
If your school, P&C/P&F, organisation, sport club or community group is interested in being considered for one of our annual FREE giving back workshops please complete the form here.
Have you seen the FREE resources we've created?
Thanks to generous volunteer time and low administrative costs, all donations go directly to providing our much-needed services across our state.
Child Abuse In Australia – Donate to create safer communities
Child abuse and neglect happens for a range of reasons, and across all demographics. All members of the community can play a role in helping keep children safe. The below statistics provide a picture of child abuse in Australia. It is important to note that due to the nature of child abuse, there can be variations in the reported cases and actual cases of abuse.
- Approximately 1 in 7 boys and 1 in 3 girls will experience some form of sexual abuse.
- Around 80% of boys and 90% of girls are sexually abused by someone they know.
- 1 in 3 Australians would not believe children if they disclosed they were being abused.
Approximately 30 to 60% of childhood sexual abuse is committed by other children and young people.
 – Quadara. (2014). Child sexual abuse: Key themes in the research literature. Child Family Community Australia webinar.
 – Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) 2005. Personal safety survey Australia. cat. no. 4906.0. Canberra: ABS.  – Bravehearts. (2015). Child Sexual Assault: Facts and Statistics.