WA Child Safety Services: Who We Are
WA Child Safety Services is a Child Safe Organisation
WA Child Safety Services adheres to the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. We are an organisation that creates a culture, adopts strategies and takes action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
- Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Children and young people are informed about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice.
- Processes to respond to complaints and concerns are child focused.
- Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising opportunity for children and young people to be harmed.
- Implementation of the national child safe principles is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people.
For more information about the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations visit the Australian Human Rights Commission website by following this link.
Download Free Resources