Child Protection: Child Abuse & Neglect
2.5 Hour Workshop
This workshop is designed for professionals working in schools, early learning centres and children’s services to gain an introduction to abuse-related trauma and how to identify and respond to child abuse/neglect.
- Describe the indicators of physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional maltreatment and neglect.
- Explain the stages of the ‘grooming process’ as it relates to child sexual abuse.
- Understand how to respond to suspected or disclosed child abuse/neglect.
- Understand Mandatory Reporting obligations.
- Understand vicarious trauma and self-care.
This workshop is delivered by trained professionals with experience working in the child protection sector.